Belmont Yacht Club Now Accepting Applications
We are a welcoming and affordable gem located at the north end of beautiful Belmont Harbor, on one of America’s most magnificent lakeshores. Our members have a love of sailing, boating, watercraft, and camaraderie with those who enjoy being on the water and enjoy the iconic skyline of Chicago.
We are not upscale or pretentious, but more like a Chicago neighborhood establishment where people enjoy gathering with others, sharing their passion in a unique harbor environment. Like the city itself, our members are comprised of every walk of life, ethnicity, and social identity – we welcome all.
If you are considering becoming a member of the Belmont Yacht Club (BYC), we would like to have the opportunity to talk with you about it. We have a limited membership and are now accepting applications.
As a member, your benefits extend to your immediate family and your guests as well.
- The air-conditioned club vessel, the John B. Mack, is a private, members-only Yacht Club and is available for member use 24/7 via key code access. The Yacht Club does not have a paid staff.
- This is your club to use as you want. We offer:
- Honor bar (limited) and cooking facilities including a functional galley, as well as a dockside gas grill. There is no regular staff or stocked cupboard so the cuisine and libation choices are up to you.
- Complimentary ice
- High-Speed Wireless Internet
- Washroom facility (a typical boat-like “head”)
- The John B. Mack is available to members for private events (such as family receptions, birthdays, business meetings) subject to availability
- On a nice summer day, enjoy a wonderful view of the harbor in a relaxed atmosphere on our upper deck. The upper deck is available for outdoor private events, as well.
- Annual Events
- We host the “There and Back” sailing race
- Coast Guard official Boat Inspection day for boat owners
- Perfect location for viewing the annual Chicago Air & Water Show with after-party
- Lambda Regatta
- Progressive Dock Dinner
- Representation -Club Officers meet regularly with Westrec, the Chicago Yachting Association, the Chicago Police Marine Unit, and the Coast Guard. Members' concerns are voiced at these meetings.
- Reciprocal Privileges
- Through our membership in the Yachting Club of America, our members are welcomed at over 200 yacht clubs throughout the United States and 100’s worldwide. Visit a local club when vacationing or traveling on business outside the Chicago metro area.
- Boat US
- Chicago Yachting Association
- Lake Michigan Sail Racing Federation
- Lincoln Park Advisory Council (LPAC)
- US Sailing
- Yachting Club of America (YCA)
Requirements and Expectations
- Applicants must be recommended by a current member in good standing and approved by the Board of Directors
- Age 21 minimum
- Membership is granted on a non-discriminatory basis – a core value of our club
- Boat ownership or maritime credentials not required
- As a modest yacht club, the members volunteer their time for the maintenance and upkeep of the ship, event preparation, and service projects when needed.
How to Join
- Fill out, print and sign application from website
Belmont Yacht Club
PO Box 13130
Chicago, IL 60613-0130
- Pay fees ($200 initiation + $500 Annual Dues) via Zelle, Pay Pal, check or money order
We look forward to welcoming you to our Yacht Club and we are available to answer any of your questions via our membership website or phone contact: (773)-871-4424.
Click on Button to pay Initiation Fee and Current Year's Membership Dues